• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Need help locating STC owner

cubpilot2

SPONSOR
Anchorage Alaska
I need to locate Jake Bryant who used to operate "Jakes aircraft salvage" in Anchorage. He is listed as the owner of an STC that I am interested in.
Anyone with info please :help

What happens to an STC in the event of a "listed owners" death? Does it become the property of an estate?

Will the FAA release the data if the owner can't be located?

The data surely doesn't become invalid :cry:

Jake's Aircraft Salvage, 3325 Lakeshore Drive Anchorage AK 99503 United States

Jake Bryant, Jake's Acft Salvage 3906 Barbara Drive Anchorage AK 99503 United States

Could not find a phone number.

sj

I knew Jake well, back 20 years ago. He was a great guy, did a lot with T-crafts as well as cubs, I lost tough with his kids after he died? Wow how this name brings back memories? Good question though? What if an aircraft was modified using 'supposedly an STC that "was" available" and now for what ever reason, no one is offering the STC for Sale? and there is found "problems" with the modified aircraft? Can the FAA isue a FA or approve with an Conformity inspection?? (Cuby??)

Tim

Hi cubpilot,

Just got off the phone with Steve Bryant---He said he has been trying to change the stc contact info for ten years with no luck with the FAA. He gave me permission to post his phone numbers here.

907-243-6110-----home
907-244-4949-----cell

Mark

T.J. Hinkle said:
.......The faa does a review occasionally on STCs, if they get no response from the original owner the STC is removed from their listings..............

so if a guy develops a bada.. STC, and then sells it to a dozen people, then kicks the bucket, then a few years later the feds come around and can't find the guy...the STC is no longer applicable? So if the guy spent a few hundred K on the engineering work, and has no heirs, that money and STC are gone? GOOD THINKING FAA. and what about the dozen people with the STC on their Aircraft? Obviously they are unsafe/unairworthy since the guy who designed the STC is dead. Thankfully we have the feds to keep things in order...wait is this a rant and rave?

Bill

Sorry to hear about Jake!
I found a name of a Jake Bryant Jr (in WA I think) that is a mechanic / pilot. Is this his son??

Even though the FAA removes the STC from its listing, it shouldn't make the data invalid for future usage should it?

As to finding a "problem" with the installation that is another matter. If the data is available then correct it to the perscribed data. Any deviation would require approval. (then the Feds would be after whoever didn't follow the instructions and then said they did.)

Another thought..... If the STC data is available......(hypothetically used on another aircraft that I might own) and the STC is no longer assigned to someone as an owner/estate etc. or dropped form the listing is it acceptable to use it for another airplane???? Is this a moral or legal question??

Wow while I was typing the last entry two others arrived. Thanks for the phone numbers I will give him a call.

Got in touch with Steve and He will be able to help me out. This website is awsome. Thanks everyone.

If you have an A/C modified with an STC but the pertinent data is not there let the FAA know what you are doing and that you need the data for the "Continued Airworthiness" of the aircraft. That ought to get them going. Puts the liability on their back cause they have the data that was submitted with the original STC.

Good luck getting anything out of them. Their was an STC for the PA16 in there but they won't sell it, copy it or anything. I don't see them getting in the clipper market, there were only 726 built and only half of those still around and they can be bought for $20,000.

They were but what gripes my ass is they won't consider selling it. Nathan said they might use it the data to get it approved on a S/C. The STC is for putting a wing tank in the right wing like in a Pacer or S/C. The Clipper has a 12 gallon nose tank and an 18 gallon left wing tank. I felt like he was blowing smoke up my @$$.

Back