• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

DC area...

You could go to Culpepper, Warranton or Fredricksburg (Shannon). All are in Virginia and all are outside the ADIZ. Shannon has a 1500 ft grass crosswind strip. All are about 50 miles from downtown DC.

SUpilot,

If you can tell me a little more, I can probably give you some area information, I'm in MRB about 70 west of DCA. Do you have all of the required boxes in the airplane? also what part around DC do you want to be located? Getting through the ADIZ can be a pain.

Thanks JeffPA12

Clearview (2w2)

I like Clearview (2w2) in Maryland. It's outside the ADIZ, rural, paved (but still pretty fun...displaced threshold...big drop at one end) about 1800 ft, run by great old-timers, cheap fuel, great little pilot shop...but still within 50 miles or so of DC (I think) if you need to get your urban fix.

http://www.aajp.com/maryland/airports/clear.htm

Fishing

Being somewhat new to the area, I don't myself know of good places to fish (trout or otherwise)...but I bet the 3 old-timers at clearview would know -- they strike me as having fished a day or 200 in their lives, but beware, they might talk your ear off! :D If you decide to come the Maryland way, I'd love to stop by and take a look at your SC! I'm just a spam can student...but I'd love to actually see one of the greats!

Picture

SUPILOT,
Stunning picture, I hope you don't mind, but I swiped it and put it as my background on my PC at work, I keep closing things down for a quick look.
Thanks for posting it.
Pete

Back