• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Ever seen a mix between a Harley-Davidson and an SC?

SuperCubber03

Yakima, Washington
About 4 months ago I was setting up tables for a pancake feed at the McAllister Museum of Aviation which is neighbors with Cub Crafters. As I walked out the hanger door, I saw a brand new SC with a 3ft. x 3ft. Harley emblem on the side. As I approached the airplane I noticed a wood Sensich prop and an bald eagle hood ornament on the cowl just behind the prop. If you look inside it has chrome handgrips on the stick with leather Harley seats and a silver and gold plated emblem in the panel. I went back in to tell my brother about it and when I came back out the owner was climbing in it. I asked him if he was goin flyin' and he said "Yeah, ya wanna go?" "YES!" was my immediate response and I climbed in. We flew for about an hour and did some short field work in it. I have got 2 get pictures of that thing. As soon as I do, there gettin posted here.

Sounds like fun. Also sounds like the pilot has been watching to much Americn Chopper and The Great Biker Build-Off.

Steve Pierce said:
Sounds like fun. Also sounds like the pilot has been watching to much Americn Chopper and The Great Biker Build-Off.

Good Idea for a new TV show to revive SUPERCUBS....

"AMERICAN SUPERCUB"
Get all the Guru's to build a custom supercubs in a competition for the best!

Tim and Diggler could yell at each other just like Pauli and his dad. Mark could dis Crash's workmanship etc and we'd have an TV excellent series for the Discovery channel. :agrue:

Yea, the argueing gets all the attention. I'd rather see more of the build process and less of the drama but I guess that's what brings in ratings. I thought a long time ago it would make a great show to rebuild a Super Cub. Anybody got any dirt on any Discovery higher-ups?

Better yet lets have a short field contest on Discovery with Flagold in the Husky and some Super Cub pilots. We could invite Atlee and have the Richmonds along with all the oldSuper cub Association members. Throw in Diggler, Tim and Cubby and there oughta be more drama than you could show on prime time. Seriously you could get Cub Crafters to compete with Crosswind STOL. Give em 90 days, then they have to fly to OSH and compete in the short field competition.

We should all write e-mails to the Discovery Channel and try to get them to put a show like that on the air. Who knows, maybe one of the higher ups is a SC fan.

Seems like I remember the very first project that Jesse James did a few years back for Monster Garage was a Super Cub project.........when they finished...........they ended with a Husky :lol: That's the fun part of Monster Garage.........never know what those guys are going to take and ruin.

PS:...........just kidding you Husky guys.

Back to the Harley Davidson look-alike cub...
I can't convince my wife that a Harley is just what I need to get through midlife crisis and if I just mention "I'd like to save up for a new Top Cub.." she gets furious.
How the heck did this guy convince his wife to let him buy a Topcub with Harley Davidson logos?
He must be single.....

Back to the Harley Davidson look-alike cub...
I can't convince my wife that a Harley is just what I need to get through midlife crisis and if I just mention "I'd like to save up for a new Top Cub.." she gets furious.
How the heck did this guy convince his wife to let him buy a Topcub with Harley Davidson logos?
He must be single.....

This airplane sounds about as interesting to me as a hang glider with a Honda 50 logo.

Sorry, Harley-motife Cub guy, but in my opinion, you're an idiot.!

Anyone ever heard that saying "..If I have to explain, you'd never understand.." ?

I really need an explanation on this one.......and I'll probably never understand.

OK, so I went to the photo album and took a look.

It's bad, but not as bad as I had imagined.

But still, why would you do that to your airplane unless Harley-Davidson was paying you to own it and and advertise their logo and motife? Maybe they are. Maybe this guy is a HD shop owner, in which case he might write this off.

If the owner really wanted to impress someone, and I hope he's listening, I have a suggestion. Now this is going to be expensive, and a real hassle, but it will work better than his last try so........

Get a Harley. Ouch, I never thought that'd come out of my mouth! Take that Harley, the biggest dresser that you can find, and paint it Lockhaven Yellow. Put a little Cub decal on it and a lightning bolt down the fenders and on the tank. Take the electrical out of it, cause you're trying to impress me here, AND you will if you can start that PIG. Add things like simple instrumentation and simple no-frills controls. Then do some finishing touches like blackwall tires and a bit of an oil streak on the belly....Oops, guess I didn't need to mention that last one.

Then take it and drive it off a cliff somewhere.......anywhere.......with a Discovery Channel crew there to film it.

I will be impressed.

It would also impress me if a guy would wade through all the HD hype ccrraaaaapp, and realize he can be on a much better machine for less than half the money, and that his REAL friends will think well of him for having some balls and not just rolling dough into the Harley shop. WHEW

This is not a Cub/Husky rant. The Cub does what it does, and stands alone. The Harley is ALL hype.........take it or leave it.

Yes, my personal opinion......and I'd love to hear the opinions of the others here, as well.

Im sure you are not interested in my opinion Caulkins but Im posting it anyway, the guy decorated his airplane the way he likes it, he didnt put a Harley sticker on your airplane. I have determined that you are a Harley hater, goooood!!! My '41 WL leaks oil just like my C-85 I love them both. I have never sold a motorcycle, I have 16 of them in my shed and four of them are Harley-Davidsons, does that make me a dumbass four times or do you think Im a dumbass anyway? In regards to the joking of a Super Cub build off, it will never happen on discovery channel,not trashy enough. I think Discovery channel hired laid off producers from the Jerry Springer show. I have never used my mute button so much since Dad started yelling at paulie.

You guys obviously have way too much money and time on your hands, if you

a) subscribe to cable TV
b) watch cable TV
c) worry about what other people do to decorate their airplanes
d) worry about what sorts of motorcycles other people ride.

For Dave Calkins:

Buy your favorite Honda, ride it for five years. Offer it for sale, and let us know what it brings.

Now, buy a Harley, any one but a Sportster (but maybe even a Sporty), ride it for five years, and offer it for sale.

Let us know what it's worth.

The new Harleys are as clean and smooth as any bike made, no oil leaks, no vibration, nice and smooth (my perspective, my last bike was a Yamaha, which was not a great bike). I figure in five years, or ten, I'll sell mine for about as much money as I have in it, while riding it all the time. Sure, I'll lose the money I could have made in interest on investments with that money, but I won't sell it for a quarter what I paid for it new.

I don't know of many other pieces of equipment that hold their value like Harleys.

But, if you want to ride a Honda, I think that is way cool, and welcome you to the enjoyment of riding.

Who gives a rat's butt what you ride or what you fly, as long as you get out and do it? And if the guy wants to hang Harley logo stuff all over his Cub, I'll let him take it up with H-D.

I do like the Harley floorboards for a rear step, though. Beats the stock loop by a bunch.

My opinion only, for what it's worth.

MTV

I personally watch those shows to see some fabrication and cool stuff like that. They showed Jessie Jame's Yoder Hammer and English wheel but the drama is piss poor in my opinion. Show me technical hands on stuff not Pauly and dad acting like they are going to rip each others heads off. Hell I ought to get them to come to my shop while my Dad is here covering his fuselage. Might get the real deal.

I know what you mean Steve, enough w/ the fake drama bull, just film the building of the bike.

Any of you guys ever see one of those "Donald Duck" Schwinn bicycle's from the '50's. Had a bunch of plastic trim, a Donald head on the front, and bar grip tassles. They were a cheezy deal, but nowadays they are a collector's item due to the vintage and the rarity.

How will your HD's stand-up to the rarity test in 20 years. Do you think the HD hype will still be around then? HD is a hugely successful deal right now, but even some old-time HD riders are afraid of the near future for the company. Only time will tell. Until then, I'll spend my money and time for bike maintenance in a value-conscious manner.

Didn't anyone get a laugh out of the idea of a yellow RoadKing flying off a cliff and the mess that'd be left over at the bottom.

Sheesh. Don't you think Calkins was having fun with that?

I just hope the HD TopCub guy doesn't ever get any caribou blood on his tassles. If he did, the dog in the back seat would probably eat 'em all off. You think he lets his dog get in that Cub?

Gawd, I hope so. It'd take a true beast to deny one's best friend the opportunity to go flying.

MTV

Isn't comparing a Harley to a Honda ( or whatever) kinda like comparing a Super Cub to a Cessna 172.

They're noisy, slow, uncomfortable, cold when its cold and hot when its hot, POS rag and tube rattletraps.

What kinda following could they possibly have? Buncha DA macho pilots!! :nutz:

DA macho pilots. What's at?

Davidson Aviation?

Can't a guy get a laugh about that funky fringe and crap in that Top Cub.

I guess I did ask for other opinions. That was a dumb-ass thing to request!

Honda? Super Cub?

2021217a.jpg

Honda Super Cub!

-->Aaron :lol:

Looks good to me. Is it for sale? How much?

By the way anyone have an extra pencil pocket protector or calculator belt holder?

Bill :D

Back