• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Baby bottle and Breather tubes

Jerry Gaston

Bozeman, Montana
Now that my ai has got the front seal to stay in place I'm getting blowby from my breather tube on the belly of my cub. Some one said to install a baby bottle on the end of the breather tube that can be emptyed occasionally. Is there an stc for this? and does anyone have a drawing or sketch.

Jerry, I don't think you need an STC as it is a minor alteration, like hanging a camera on the cross tube? I think I have a picture of my youngest son with a baby bottle catching drool at age 1? if that will help?

Tim

For $5 worth of parts and a little aluminum welding you can make one that looks like it cost $300 and has an STC.

As was said many months ago, you can do as many of us have done for years----extend with a rubber hose the breather down to the Cabane vee and let that little drip fall on the whatever below, or if you direct it right it will lube the tail wheel and keep it from corroding. As for my cub, I like a little lube to land on the strut forks, and the gear fittings, (I have never had one stick, rust or sieze?

Tim

Tim I thought you were pretty good with a rubber glove or is that just for the inside of the plane. About that drool- do you snap tie the bottel to his chin?

cobblemaster asked how does the lid works on the now fuel spill saver...

There are two lids--one on the side of the bottle (intended to go against the hull) that's a plug and one on the top that's a screw top. I zip-tied the plug on the side and removed the top lid and ran the breather hoses into that opening. The plastic collar that as originally designed has two suction cup rotates so that you can put one at the top and one at the bottom and then zip-tie those to your engine mount.

a little oil on the belly is a great way to get your survival food. better than fly paper and free. No need to bring along extras like crisco for the fryin pan ( AK size skeeters) also keeps a little salad going for variety, fireweed, fiddle head ferns and such. :drinking:

Back