• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

It?s official?she?s a Queenie.

Lawn Dart

Las Vegas, Nv
Well guys and gals, when I got my SuperCub I just referred to it as ?my plane?. Then I started working on it and discovered just how much it was going to take to fix her up and after way too many late nights, busted knuckles and assorted fubar?s, I started calling it ?the fabric whore?. Then, after she got fixed up enough that I could start flying her, I really fell in love with her, so I started calling her ?my old jalopy?.

Now I guess I?ll have to change her name one more time, I?ll have to start calling her ?Queenie? because this weekend she took 1st place in the ?classic aircraft? category at a local air show and missed the ?peoples choice award? by a mere 2 votes! I took 2nd to a VERY nice Mooney, I think that says a lot for what?s suppose to be a bush plane. I know that some don?t like the J3 yellow or shine on a SC, but every coin has a flip side, so I guess this is the other side of what a SuperCub can be?.

I?d like to extend a heart felt thanks to all on this site for all the ground support that I?ve picked up here over the last year. Now what you see on the outside, is just a reflection of what she looks like under the skin. Had I been on my own, this would have been a real bear of a project. Thanks everyone!!

Back