• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

pure function

shaynec

arizona
Is it possible to fall in love with an airplane, then go learn how to fly?
I just came back from a hunting trip to Clark Lake, they flew three of us
in. Those SuperCubs were pure function!
I have always looked at aviation as a convenience, but that little plane opened up a whole new world to me.

Shayne,

You have sampled the heroin of aviation - the supercub. Once you are hooked there is no escape...

sj

I have yet to meet a cub pilot I didn't like.

We are a bunch of nice guys.

t5.jpg

I flew with Mark Lang at Lake Clark. They seem like a very competent group. Their Cubs were in nice shape!

Shayne

I am living proof it is possible to fall in love with an airplane then go learn how to fly her. I bought my plane ten years ago I had been looking at planes for a long time and decided a super cub was the plane for me. I had never flow one but from all the advice I was given there was no doubt I need a cub. After I bough my plane the most difficult thing was finding a instructor to teach me how to fly it. I didn't have a pilots license when I bought my plane as a matter of fact I was not even a student at the time.

Cub_Driver

Cub Driver
Well I started the book work and go up for my 2nd hour tomorrow in the 172. Its not the same but it is a start!
Shayne

Hey there Torch and all you other Cub guys. There are some very nice lady cub drivers out there as well!

Shayne

Congratulations I am sure you will have fun. Keep us updated on how your training is going where all pulling for you.

Brenda glad to here there are some nice lady cub drivers out there. Are they single? Do they own there own planes? Please send picture of airplane.

Cub_Driver :wink:

Yes, Cub_Driver, there are some ladies that are single and have their own planes. But if it is show and tell time...they are going to want to see yours first!
Brenda

Uh oh... I see a new forum section ...

"Are you flying single pilot in an aircraft certificated for two?"

"Not getting as much dual as you would like these days?"

"Supercub.org, the place to meet other fun singles obsessed with aviation"

sj

(p.s. I puposely avoided references to "stick time")

Back