• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Umpqua/Toketee/Oregon...

FlipFlop

Maintaining at Flight Level Zero, requesting lower
We're going to fish the Umpqua in a couple of weeks and I had planned to land at Roseburg... Looking at the chart, I spotted Toketee... Anyone landed/camped/fished there?...

Was into Tokeetee years ago waiting out weather in Roseburg. As I remember, it was hot, dry, and red clay dust!! Don't think it's very close to the river. It's used by the Forest Service for fire fighting and with the summer like it is you may want to check on fire activity in the area.
85Mike

85Mike said:
Was into Tokeetee years ago waiting out weather in Roseburg. As I remember, it was hot, dry, and red clay dust!! Don't think it's very close to the river. It's used by the Forest Service for fire fighting and with the summer like it is you may want to check on fire activity in the area.
85Mike

85Mike...

Thanx for the info.... My Son's driving down from Seattle, so I'll have ground transportation and we'll camp close to the river... I've flown over the area and remember logging trucks stirring up the dust and on a calm day you can see it for miles... I've been watching the TFRs for fire activity... Thanx again...

Tokeetee is a long hike from fishing water. There is a small creek off the East end, but not much for fish. The strip has not been maintained for awhile so is a little rough in spots. It definitly would be dusty now.
Steve

Steve's Aircraft (Steve) said:
Tokeetee is a long hike from fishing water. There is a small creek off the East end, but not much for fish. The strip has not been maintained for awhile so is a little rough in spots. It definitly would be dusty now.
Steve

Thanx Steve... Any ideas for a land/camp/fly-fish spot in Western Oregon?...

Back