• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

insurance

chase

My Super Cub damaged it's left wing in Wyoming on it's way from Memphis to Corvallis, Oregon. The insurance comany (AIG) will only pay for the cheapest mode of repair, which is rebuilding the wing at a "local" shop in Utah. I'd rather have a replacement wing put on by my home-based shop in Corvallis, as I don't know anything about this Utah outfit. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can convince the insurance company to pay for the relatively small difference (about 2K), so this won't cost me out of pocket?

Thanks,

Claudia

:boohoo If your're not going to happy with anything less than a new wing, take the ins check and put your $2000 with it and get what you want and where you want it. You may be able to recover something from the old wing ($$$$) There usually isn't any free lunches!!! It an expensive pasttime at best and this year just cost a little extra. :roll: :roll: Ted

You can insist that your home shop does the work. The only way you could talk the insurance company into the new wing is if they could salvage the old wing for more than $2000.00. Then it would be in their best interest. diggler

I think Aceherks is right, all you can do is settle on an amount and take the check then you can get it repaired however you like paying the difference, they will likley only settle for the low bid unless you can prove the shop to be unreliable who did it.

Unless you are a great negotiator, I think it will be hard to get them to do anything but what they have offered or pay up to the amount of the lowest bids for repair at your shop...Although I've seen some people pull off some amasing claims!!! I dont know how?????(no wonder we pay so damn much for insurance)

Good luck...

David

Back