• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cub Interiors

CanadaCubber

Toronto, Ontario
I am in the process of re-painting my '67 Super Cub and would like to refinish the interior myself. The previous owner had done a bit of a hack-job and I am interested as to where I may be able to get pre-fabricated panels for the sides. Any advice??

The panels are easy to duplicate if you have the old pattern. I bought sheets of .020 aluminum and made most of mine. The ones with complex bends I took to our local sheet metal guy.

Panels

Go to Office Depot and get a couple of packs of thick poster paper. Make patterns that fit correctly with the poster paper then transfer it to the sheet aluminum. You can even brake bends in the poster paper on your sheet metal brake. I use .016 for the panels to save weight and have them powdercoated. I also put a 1/2" "foot" on the bottom of the panels and screw them to the floor boards. Piper just sliped them between the edge of the floor boards and the fuselage, leaving a gap for dirt and debries to get into the belly from. Crash

Back