• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

12 & O320 fuel lines

JimC

Am making some headway on the O-320-A2B installation. The stock fuelines between the tanks and the gascolator sure do seem small in diameter. Should they be replaced with larger lines? The STC doesn't call for it.
All the best,
JimC

Fuel line I.D. means nothing!
The I.D. of the connectors are the
limiting factor.

Mark - (Flow Rate - restrictions - pressure loses)

Steve, I haven't measured my lines yet, but they sure look smaller than 3/8". I'd have guessed 1/4". I'll measure them. Thanks.

Mark, I make my living as an expert witness in fluids related litigations, and as a consultant designing piping systems, and occasionally teach fluid mechanics and hydraulics at a couple of the local universities in Memphis. That doesn't mean that I'm particularly knowledgeable on the subject, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to differ with your opinion. Line losses can be substantial, in some cases far more substantial than fitting, bend, expansion, or contraction losses, and can be estimated by the Hazen-Williams formula or Manning's equation among a multitude of others. I haven't bothered to do so yet for the 12 fuel flow.
All the best,
JimC

Jim C.

The fuel lines are 3/8" #6an and the vent lines to the Header tank if installed are 1/4"

Tim

Back