• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

brake line flex hose covers

tempdoug

PATRON
nd
im going to have my brake line flex hoses come straight out the bottom of the fuselage covering from the park brakes. i could sure use a good idea as how to make these covers that the hoses will pass through. HELP!!

Brake Lines.

One idea you might consider, is to lay them about 30 deg instead of 90 and take them to the side just behind the gear crossover tube. Bring them out just behind the gear fitting. They will be pointing down as they come down from behind the tube. Only leave about 3 inches of the flex tube sticking out to hook the brake line to. Cleans up the belly. Dope them right into the cover. It worked for me. Jerry. :)

Brake lines: I weld a 3/4" wide tab to the longeron, about an inch behind the front gear attachment and hard mount a 45 degree bulkhead fitting with a nut through the tab. I then run a 8" line from the parking brake to one side of the fitting, then a line down the inside of the front gear leg from the other side. The Piper set up is micky mouse and the covers get torn off over time then the line just flops around. This way everything is mounted firmly. Crash

Back