• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

TCP vs MMO

Gary Reeves

SPONSOR
Lake Clark National Park, Alaska
This has probably been thru the site before ( I just asked Steve if he could put in a search routine), but I just got the Cub Club newsletter back from it's long trip to Port Alsworth and back to North Palm Beach.

Does anyone have anything to say about TCPvs MMO? I have been using the TCP , but on the basis of the Jan/Feb Cub Clues #114 may go to MMO.

Right now TCP in the gas and AvBlend in the oil. Question- MMO in the gas and AvBlend and MMO in the oil?

Incidently, nicely organized article Mark Drath. Somehow, it had never come to mind to use the control lock as a storage space.

Gary

Here we go again. You will get opinions both ways from experts. For 25 years I've been putting MMO in the gas, and never had a stuck valve, and compressions have always been in the high 70s. My 80 year old, 30,000 hour, with 47 rateings, and still flying (stearman, taylorcraft,and Mooney) guru has a memo that Lyc. put out in the early 50s or late 40s, that said it was a good additive. Just my opinion

Tim
2+2
0-320-160hp

What do the engine manufacturers say about additives? I normally go with what they say and it is my understanding that neither of the big two reccomend the practice of using additives, but maybe they do it only in top secret briefings...

sj

Back