• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Flying for Fun and/or Profit?

Anne

SE Michigan
How many of you fly your Supercub as your only plane for fun?

How many fly your SC as your only plane just for work?

How many fly your SC for fun, and something else when you need to (like business, or 4 people)?

How many don't care what you fly, but you just happen to own a SC now?

Just wondering how everyone uses their plane.

Anne.

Anne
When I absolutly, possatively, have to fly on floats: I use the supercub :D
When I have to haul golf clubs , scuba gear, 2 kids,a lab, my girlfriend, her kid, a cooler full of food and drinks, everybody's personal gear, assorted paperbacks, magazines, mp3 players, cd players, bags of McDonalds, and a great big bag of approach plates & charts: I fly a Cherokee Six. :morning:
It must all be for fun, cause I'm sure not makin any money at it :drinking:
Ken

I lost my first million $$ flying :bang now mostly for fun.
Brian

When I just want to go, and I don't have a schedule for when I have to get back, I take the SuperCub.

When a SuperCub is too damn fast I and I'm trying to build time, my J4 is the bird.

When its 100' and 1/4 mile visibility (very rare in Colorado), I tinker with the PA-12 project in the garage.

Somebody gear-upped the C210 I used to rent, the owner took it off the market. Was also a member of a club with an Archer, 2 C172s, and a C182. Great for long cross-countries, IFR training/currency, but ultimately the SC was winning the flying hours so I dropped that. It is all for fun!

P.S. When I really really have to get there, I drive my pickup.

when its 100 ft. vis. and 1/4 mi or just for fun i fly the sc.
when i,m in a hurry or on bis. i fly the bonanza. not as much fun.

blue skys

Anne,

I must be an anomaly--I fly for fun (fishing, hunting, just flying someplace) except in the fall when I work for a Hunting Guide in western AK. Not that that isn't fun, but it is my main source of income presently...
I also do a little survey flying for Fish and Game during the summer.
Andy

Back