• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Praise for F Atlee Dodge.

S2D

Montana
I recently purchased a set of wings with one of Atlee's Tanks in it. Since I didn't get any paperwork with them, I called Mr Dodge to buy the paperwork. He told me he would just send me the paperwork since it was one of his tanks.

thats something one should consider next time they purchase an STC. If you have a choice between Atlee and someone else I would hightly recommend Atlee.

Once in a while someone wants to sell their cub and purchase a better one but keep the Mod. Most STC holders wont do this for you.

Ditto. I've bought a long list of mod from Atlee the last few days and he's been nothing but great. He's spent plenty of time answering my questions and giving me hints on things that he doesn't even sell and telling me where to get them. Some of the STCs are free gratis, just because he thinks they're important. I usually feel that I'm taking up his precious time only to find that I can't get loose from him. My kinda guy.

I can say the same thing for the folks at Dan's Aircraft. Very helpful and prices are reasonable.

But the best deal yet came from Lycon in CA. They informed me how to re-tag my engine, so I wouldn't even have to buy their STC. Most won't tell you something that cuts them out of a sale.

murph

Hello,

This is in regards to F.Atlee Dodge He is really a great fellow.I have built many Super Cubs over the years,and buy most of of parts,from Atlee.I live 200 miles,from Anchorage Alaska I will call in Placing my order.my parts,will be on the next flight in.Atlee doesn't send a bill you pay him when you come to Town.I'm talking,about sometimes thousands of dollars.I don't Atlee has ever been cheated,out of any money.I could go on for pages,I have been doing business,with atlee for 30+years.I'm now building a New 180hp.Super Cub All my Parts will come From Atlee.I have 10,000+hours in cubs alone.Tell everyone about F.Atlee Dodge His Products will last,They are made for heavy use.There could be a book written,about Atlee He has a long Alaska History.

Best Regards,

Larry Bryant

EVEN AFTER ALL THESE YEARS PUTTIN UP WITH US AND OUR QUESTIONS AND SOMETIMES NOT SO KNOWLEDGEABLE QUESTIONS FROM LOW TIME GUYS LIKE ME.........ATLEE ROCKS. :cheers

it's just neat when a nobody like me can call up a guy with 50+yrs of experience(f. atlee dodge) and he talks to me like i'm his grandson. that's a good person.

turbo

Great to have you on the Site Larry! I can ditto your respect for Atlee! I have known him for over 30 years and like yourself I have always been able to count on him "getting the job done". Can't even count all the "rush" jobs he has done for me, never charged me any more then the job was worth, and always the highest of quality. Few have done more for the Cub then Atlee! The hardest part about dealing with Atlee is getting up his driveway after a thaw in the middle of the winter (the locals will know what I mean??

Perhaps I will have time to stop and see ya on the Peninsula this summer?

Tim

Atlee Dodge

Atlee is building a new shop over on Arctic Spur road. I have to take my hat off to a fellow business man to take on a business expansion this late in life. Most guys his age are retired or looking to retire, not Atlee, he's expanding his business. Tells you something about what the guy is made of. I hope we're all going as stong as Atlee when we're his age. Crash

Ditto.

He supplied me with paper work for some of the Atlee mods on my Cub that were not documented.

He is a great guy and always willing to help you out.

There must be over a dozen Atlee items on my Cub.

His skis are absolutely bullet proof.

Diggler, by all appearances controversy shadows you and I may suggest that all of the mistakes on your orders are not attributive to one party exclusively.pak

I've had good and bad with Atlee. Just like the rest of the outfits, humans can err.

BY The WAY....Diggler may be getting Atlees stuff from Stoddards. If it's working for him, great. They have in stock, or will get for you, any of Atlees products.

Diggler, I'm sure that in your case the errors are largely the fault of someone else. No hurt feelings here and your political leanings are of little concern to me. I will, however, overtly endorse a man, his company, efforts and products that by an overwelming margin are well received and considered. pak

Regardless of the fact that you are anonymous, my intent was not to corrode your credibility, if this was your preception I apologize. In contrast to your crass reference, Atlee is but an aquaintence of mine. I am one of the many who occasionally drop by his shop to purchase a part, grab a cup of coffee and a hand full of peanuts. Yes, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. My problem is this: you made a sweeping negative statement about an individual and his company and expect not to be challenged. You offered no qualifying discussion to support your original statement. You made the statement behind the veil of anonymity. If Atlee were to try and respond there really is no one specific with whom to respond and perhaps correct a situatition. If you read some of Nathan Richmond's comments this very situtation is one of his primary gripes. You may have the last word as this is all I have to say about that. Best to you, pak

Anyone else who knows Atlee will probably agree that Atlee would be glad to know that a thread started in praise of him turned into a "rant and rave".

Back