• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Separating landing and taxi lights

RPURCELL

Homer, Alaska
Has anyone separated thier landing light and taxi light to opposite wings for a pulselight system. The pulselight systems are more effective if the lights are separated. I am currently rebuilding my wings on my PA-14 and have the option of doing this. I have crosswind STOL tips. The spacing between the tip assembly and the first rib is 6-1/2" which would be perfect for a single lens. This would also allow uninterupted leading edges out to that point. It seems to me this would make for a stronger stiffer wing. I have Atlee's tanks with full 2024-T3 leading edges. I am replacing the leading edges and false spare.
Robert

The Pulselight can be adjusted from 45 to 90 flashes per minute. What rate are most set to when installed?

I installed landing lights in both wings in a 180hp Pacer. I duplicated the other side and got a field approval. I have the Piper landing light drawings if needed to show the feds. The drawing is the same on most of the rag wing Pipers.

A friend of mine has a 185 (I know, it's not a SC!) with two lights in the nose and one in each tip with pulse lights... It looks like a light show head-on, but you defininetly see him coming...

Back