• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Fallon, Time, and Southern Living

JimC

Fallon, an ad agency in Minneapolis (mg@fallon.com) prepared the Time anti-aviation ad, which is running in Southern Living too. I sent the following ms. to Fallon and Time, will be doing the same for Southern Living, and encourage all of you do do something similar if you have time.
Jim
------------------------------------

To the staff of Fallon,

I've just heard that your anti-aviation ad ran in Southern Living as well as Time. AOPA alone has over 380,000 members, not counting their families. I hope for the sake of Time and Southern Living that your company will gain enough new readers for these magazines to offset the loss of readership from the families of those whom you have impacted. Personally, I'm going to miss Southern Living -- but it will never cross my doorway again. Won't miss Time quite as much, but I doubt that you've done either these magazines a favor by working 'for' them. To quote Tommy Tucker, "Consider how dependent the corporate community, the entertainment industry, travel and tourism is on the general aviation aircraft and its pilots. If you fly over the Grand Canyon, or over New York City, if you need an organ flown to a hospital or other medical
supplies it is in a general aviation aircraft. If your child needs a life flight to a children's hospital it is in a general aviation aircraft. If you are burned and need emergency transportation to a burn center it is in a general aviation aircraft." Perhaps you and your company might wish to donate vans or station wagons to replace these aircraft? Drivers too?

I sincerely think you have done our nation a disservice with these ads. I will also be forwarding a copy of this e-mail to the editor and publisher of Southern Living as soon as I locate them.

God bless you, and my sincere best wishes for a better new year.

Jim Cunningham.

Back