• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Scott Outside Air Temperature gauge.

cubflyer18

Plymouth, IN C65
I just received a Scott OAT gauge to install thru the window. Not having had one before in this airplane I was curious where it's most convenient to mount it. I can't put it up on the top deck or top part of the windshield due to a neck injury that prevents me looking that high up. I was thinking on the left side of the windsheild where it gets flat forward of the frame, about 3 or 4 in below the curved upper windshield area. Up high in a vertical setting I worry about water working it's way down. Out the side down by eye level worry about some dufus(me included) not paying attention and walking into it. Any suggestions or pics to post to give fella an idea...Thanks Jeff

Most common place I've seen them is in the top forward portion of the left front side window. (the small window just forward of the sliding ones)
Its especially good to put it there cause that is the littlest and cheapest piece of plexiglass and when you crack the glass installing it, you don't have to pay so much to do it again.

Back