• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

3" Extended Gear

murph

Rotan, TX.
I'm wanting more prop clearance. I've been shopping for new gear legs. I've been told that the CC's 3" extended legs package is better than Atlee's. Any opinions?
murph

3" extended H/D gear

Murph,

I have a set of heavy duty 3" extended gear on our project from Airframes Inc. They are very nice and they come with 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" axles and they are $425.00 ea. I dont know if that includes the STC. You can call Lee at 907-892-8244 or go to there web site www.supercub.com
They are real nice people to do business with. You can also talk to Steve Pierce he has looked at them when he was in Brodhead.

Si

Murph,

I recently put on a set of Atlee Dodge 3" extended gear on my '52 PA-18. I looked at Airframes gear at the same time and could see no substantive difference between them. The only reason I ended up with Atlee's was that he had 1.5" axles in stock and Airframes were temporarily out. I paid about the same as WIflyer for Atlee's gear (including the STC) at Stoddards.

I'm confident either one will perform well. I like the wider stance of the 3" gear and the prop clearence is a whole lot better. I think You'll be happy with the 3"gear.

My Dad was at Dakota Cub in SD the other day and he said they had a bunch of landing gear hanging on the wall. Their a stocking dealer for Airframes Inc. You maybe able to save some shipping, dont know about price. 605-757-6628 ask for Mark

Murph, Sounds like you might be getting serious about coming with me to Alaska in the summer??????? Maybe you are just trying to make Cody look a little more proper (standing tall) for when you introduce him to my Daughter?? She only goes out with Texan's that fly on Bush wheels! I am posting the rules on the "Lighter than air" forum.

Tim

That ain't getting off the hook, Just walked by my extra tires today?
got the exhaust back on tonight, flying tomorrow, getting rusty, been a WEEK!! nearly gone nuts! Supposed to be sunny and nearly 65 tomorrow!

Tim

Still looking for landing gear....?

I have a one year old set of landing gear....painted cub yellow....and it's on my plane. I will sell or trade for a mint condition set for a J3 or PA11.
Call Jan Berghoff 952-361-9787 or email me at jberg66227@aol.com

Back