• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Building a PA12

Eddie Pogue

Dayton, Ohio
I'm planning on building a PA 12 in the near future and would like some advice on places to purchase plans. It will be experimental with a 150 HP engine and PA 18 gear and side door. Thanks in advance.

Hi Eddie!

You may want to come over to Waynesville (Red Stewart Airfield) and have a chat with Cubby... (His name isn't Cubby for nothing)

If you let me know when you're coming I'll give you a ride in my Super Cub!

PA 12

Thanks Rick, How could I refuse an offer like that.
I was going to attend the fly in at Waynesville, but some how time got away from me and I missed it

Also, plans for the PA12 seem to be in great demand with little hope for supply...

Anyone out there have access to PA12 plans???

Eddie,
About the only thing you'd need plans for would be the airframe. Dakota Airframe sells certified 12 airframes, but also does experimental ones. Once you have that, virtually everything else is out there to buy or copy/build. Even if you buy the airframe, you'll have PLENTY to do.
SB

PA-12

I would reccommend a 4" wider PA-18 if you want the extra room. You can build a comfortable third seat option and fly three people easy. I am doing this on a PA-18 with a 180hp conversion in it to get three places when I need them. The PA-18 has better performance and a ton of legal mods with three options for 180hp conversions. On the PA-12 you have only one. Most of the time I fly alone or with just one other person even in my PA-14 with four places. I know guys with Cessna 185's that will tell you the same thing. Don't get me wrong, the PA-12 is a great plane. Just examine your needs and build around that. Crash

Back