• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA12 Instrument Panel

JimC

Hi, All. I'm getting on toward the end of a PA12 project, with an O-320-A2B (150 hp at the moment). Hoping to have it back in the air by the end of the year. Can you direct me to photos of various 12 instrument panels that I can use as food for thought? For example, the guys who recovered the plane for me and removed the O-235-C1 also removed the oil temperature sending unit with a pair of tin snips and didn't bother to return the oil temperature gauge, leaving me with an extra bit or two to redo. I have an extra engine gauge cluster (Stewart-Warner) from a 66 model PA28-150 that contains left and right tank gauges, amp gauge, oil temp gauge, oil pressure gauge, and fuel pressure gauge. Has anyone done this particular installation? Any help appreciated.
Jim Cunningham

Atlee Dodge makes a nice panel with drop-out panels for the instruments and the breakers. For ideas look at Dan's Aircraft's site or taildraggers.org's site. Dan recesses Garmin 295's into the panel. Pretty cool.
SB

Back