• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Calendar

Ursa Major

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
After enjoying the hundreds of submitted photos on this site, I was wondering if anybody considered building a Supercub.org calendar from submitted photos (with the owner's permission of course). There are some truly amazing pictures on this site.

The proceeds could go toward supporting this site. I would think that there are a number of locations that would peddle it if available. I don't have a clue about what it would take to produce a calendar, but with the obvious interest in cubs I think they'd sell like hotcakes. Anybody have any interest or expertise?

No expertise here, but I'd buy one, and fill free to use the pics of my cub :lol: Hey, I do like the idea, it's a good one.
Brian

I'll find out what it takes to put one of these together...

sj

There?s a guy at work that does it to help support his racing. He races them cars that only turn left, but his calendars are of all sorts. I?ve seen them, good stuff, and he?s said before that he makes them himself. Also says that he makes a killing with them. Wouldn?t you know, the lazy bastard was off work today. I?ll get a hold him on Monday (if he feels like coming in) and find out how he?s doing it so cheap.

Good Idea Mike

Cavy,

I work for a company that used to print the Hallmark calendars (we also still print the presidential xmas card, just finished it) and now they print them in china or somewhere, but I am familiar with the process, any info would be helpful.

sj

Steve, Could we get a copy of that Christmas card? I think we could have some fun with that. Forge G.W.s signiture and send one to Diggler.

Steve

It is one of the more "maximum security" projects that we print, and while a lot of people are on the list to get one, I have often been overlooked...

sj

Said I'd find out and just wanted to follow up here.

Got the story on how the guy at work is making his calendars.

He takes all of his own pictures and has the nice lady at the local Sav-on drug store blow up the best 14 of them to 8x10 (12 months + front and back). Next, he scans them into his computer and creates the calendar part. He then uses a high quality printer and good paper and starts printing copies.

The last batch of 2000+ calendars that he made, he decided to bind half sheets with a plastic binder instead of stapling and folding the full-length sheets. The only additional cash outlay was for the special hole punch and the binder installer thingie which he got at Staples. I guess the half sheets are about 1/4 the cost. Said the old way cost him about $7.00 per calendar if he got 2000 or more made at the print shop. The new way costs about $2.00 each (material only) regardless of the batch size. The quality is pretty good for a guy that?s making them at home on his PC. Not quite Hallmark though.

Thanks for the info, Cavy. I am looking a several things like this right now.

To sell 2000, it would have to be a "the women of super cubs" calendar I am afraid...

:wink:

sj

Where do I sign up. I can see it know, scantly clad women out in the bush propped up against big tires and long props. Hope I didn't offend any of the opposite gender.

Steve

Steve,

I am just assuming that a "the men of supercubs" would not be quite as popular, selling only one copy to Anne, although you never know with some of these guys...

sj

Well, some "Women of Supercubs" might look better than others. Personally, I think a "Men of Supercubs" calendar would be real nice...

Anne. "I've got the tires, but not the frame"

There is an application called, interestingly enough, "Calander Creator" that does a nice job at pasting photos into various calander templates.

Print on photo paper, goto Kinko's, get the plastic "spines" and have the pre-printed pages punched and then assemble. Cheap, easy and they look very nice.

BTW, A buddy of mine (Hi Dave) had some nice PA18 photos taken that would fit right into the "Women of Super Cubs" category. I know where there are a few others too... :wink:

Rick,

Dave is a friendly, sharing kind of guy as I too have seen these photos (I still say a special prayer for him when I go nite-nite).

I think that would make a splendid calendar, however, we will need more contributions...

sj

The original idea... back in '02 ...

After enjoying the hundreds of submitted photos on this site, I was wondering if anybody considered building a Supercub.org calendar from submitted photos (with the owner's permission of course). There are some truly amazing pictures on this site.

Way back then...

To sell 2000, it would have to be a "the women of super cubs" calendar I am afraid...

Reminds me of Bill Gates' famous blurb: "640K should be enough for anyone."

The original idea... back in '02 ...

Way back then...

Originally Posted by SJ

Reminds me of Bill Gates' famous blurb: "640K should be enough for anyone."

ya I read that and chuckled too...

so how many calendars did you make this year SJ????? and how long did it take to sell out???

2500 2011 calendars.

I'm tired!

Sj

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm tired!

Sorry Steve. Next year I won't "buy" any, that should make it easier for ya.
The good news is, the musher had his thumbs up as he approached today.
Watched the DVD right away, now haft'a wait a coupl'a weeks to hang the new cal.
Now to mail two to that bugger who made me buy a SCub, he's in Ariz. (The Ore. museum guy)

Had another brain fart:
Maybe don't do your mailout right before Xmas... BEAT the rush.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I started a new thread in the Webiste Q & A. not only didn't it wind up on the front page, it wound up about 20 down in the category i started it under.--Website Q & A

what gives.

Oh never mind, now it did a while later

Last edited:
Back