• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Supercub rental in Northern CA

kcabpilot

Somebody out there has got to know of someplace near the San Francisco area that rents a Supercub - right?

I've seen an ad in Pacific Flyer for a school in the LA area that has a Super Cub for rent......that's the only one I know of.......that's not to say there isn't one some other place though. There use to be a J-3 at one of the schools at Livermore. I'm in the central valley....and I don't know of anywhere around here....you might call Norcal Aviation at Calaveras......don't know the phone number........but they use to have a Super Cub on floats they gave instruction for seaplane ratings in it......not sure if they have it anymore.......but might be worth a call. Good Luck
Brian

Thanks Brian - I've been flying the rental J3 at Livermore all summer, that's one of the reasons I'm looking for a Supercub to rent now. Norcal still does the ASES training in a Supercub but I'm looking for something on wheels that I can rent solo to get some time in.

If I here of anything, I'll let you know......but like I said, just that one in the LA area........might be worth a trip down there to fly it a little. Might also look under the data pages in Avweb, where you can look up N numbers etc.......and type in PA-18 and Ca and see if any are registered to flight schools.....of course a flight school could have one that's a lease back and registered to a private owner.......but might be worth a little time to research..........good luck
Brian

Back