• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-18A-135 upgrade

airweld

When upgrading to 1750 lb. gross for the 'A' model, does anyone know what drawing to reference showing the airframe with extra tubes? This is for the AG model, so I don't have a drawing number on the later model. Thanks, Scott.

When we upgraded the gross weight of our PA18A-135 we used drawing 102268 that comes with STC SA292AL. Being a A model cub you probably already have the extra tubes in.

You should already have the extra tubes at station 131. The only change to the fuselage is reaming the cabane mount holes. The tubes are the same on a A or standard 18, standard drawing reference should be fine.

Yes, the tubes are already there, so I'm just trying to get the paperwork caught up. KASE: Is that a Piper drawing or one from the STC holder? It sounds like a Piper number, but it's not listed in the drawings from Cub Club. Supercub MD: I thought about referring to the regular 18 drawing but wasn't sure it would fly with the FAA. Do you have an example of one that did? Thanks, Scott.

Its Borers drawing that came with the STC. The STC was $50.00 about 6 years ago when I bought it. Included the Flight Manual Supp. Also requires hydrasorbs.

The Piper fuselage drawing I have is #12183, used it for a field approval from A to standard once. I have used the J. M. Meyers STC for gross increase and 150 conversion, it's now owned and sold by Wag Aero.

My cub was converted from a A model to standard cub per drawing 12183 also via field app. Then we used STC SA292AL to increase the gross weight and then field app the 0320 engine.

Scott, did you keep track of your upgrade costs? I'd like some info on 135-->150 upgrade as well. How much work and $ for the works (except the 0320 itself)? Thanks, Nick. 8)

Back