• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

BC oil filter adapter

PA12driver

Battle Ground, WA
I highly recomend the BC oilfilter adapter on the O320!

I have one installed on my PA12 and my neighbor has one on his 18
I have now 48 hours on the oil and it looks as clean as new! The installation took about an Hour and with the cooler mounted on the rear baffle I didn't even have to change hoses just redirect the connectors!

The vernatherm mounts right in the housing (CNC's aluminum-no remote mount or extra lines to connect/ leak or burn up!
The unit can be spaced back off the accesory case if desired and can use either long or short filters if desired. check out bills web site for details:www.bandcspecialty.com
I have pictures of the installation in the photo gallery!

PS: Bill is a great advocate for GA and is a great guy to work with

Ditto on the B&C filter..........super product support and a quality part that installs easily. If you're putting one on a cub that has the old screen and oil temp probe you need to ask them for the additional adapter for the old probe.

I had one installed on my -18 too. I still change the oil more often than 50 hours -- but I definitely like not having to head for the barn at 25.

One thing -- when we did my conversion we ended up replacing one of the lines to the oil cooler. Seems that the extra bending and jiggling to make things fit caused the old line to break down in a big way. I blew a quart of oil through a bunch of pin holes in the sharp bend at the back in a half-hour test flight.

Good point on the oil lines! There is definetly limit to what a person should do with "old lines". I was fortunate to have only a 100hours or so on the lines and they were still flexible. most all mechanics that I know would agree if the lines have a 'set" in them then don't try to change it's direction but ever so slightly. There is a lot of heat generated around them as well that adds to the deteriation of the line. Even though it is expensive, fire sleeving the lines will help a lot too.

Tim

Oil Lines

If you have a rear cooler, Charlie Center makes a set of oil lines that use a special short banded fitting on the ends and do away with the long Areo Quip sleeved fittings that make the lines so unwieldy. They run direct (6" long each) to the cooler from the engine fittings and don't loop all over the place. Crash

I'm beginning to think that one of the smartest ways to finish my -12 is to put it on a trailer and head for Charly's place. I never cease to be amazed at the number of sensible solutions I hear coming out of his shop. I know from the stack of paperwork that came with my airframe that he had some influence with the previous owners too.

Back