• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Odyssey vs Powersonic Batteries

AKCub

Anchorage, Alaska
I am getting ready to replace the Powersonic 12180 Battery in my cub and it looks like the replacement is going to be a Odyssey PC680. The specs for both batteries are similar - does anyone have any experiences good or bad with the Odyssey cells? Should I look to try and find a Powersonic here in town or just take the Odyssey as a replacement?
Thanks
Scott

Scott..........I've had the Odyssey in my cub for only about a year now but like it so far......it really turns that little starter. Have also heard good reports from others.

Here's a testamonial for you. I have an Odyssey in my Cessna, starting an 0-520 year-round (I also live in AK). No problems, plenty of power. My 12 will have one as soon as the rebuild is finished.

Thanks for the help... Looks like the Odyssey will work out great.

info

Be sure and read the messages in Cafe Supercub under the batteries posts if you haven't already done so. They provide further information and a website to purchase batteries. You might save some money.

Back