• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Blueprints

djfraudman

Meadow Lakes, AK
Does anyone out there in internet land know of a place to get all of the Super Cub blueprints on a CD?? There is a CD available for the short winged cubs. See http://www.shortwing.org/

You can get individual blueprints from Univair but it would be nice to have them all on a CD at a reasonable price.

Blue Prints

Cub Club has blueprints for just about everything. Also Earl Edgar of Northland Manufacturing said he is putting together a CD that will have all the prints as well as tubing sizes, thickness, fitting material, sheet metal, mill specs. etc. for the entire plane. I will let you know when he has it done. Crash

Try this website. http://www.northlandaircraft.com/ Their ad came out in Trade-A-Plane yesterday. They have over 1150 drawings on a CD plus erection and maintenance other other stuff. I ordered it yesterday and will let ya'll know what I think. The Short Wing Piper disc is great and has a lot of drawings pertient to Long Wing Pipers.

Steve Pierce

Northland

They look great on his web site. I haven't been up to see Earl lately and it is good to see he has the project finished. I think I will order a set also. After years of looking at poor reproductions of Piper blueprints anything has got to be better. Knowing Earl, the quality will be outstanding. You should see his shop. The tools are arranged like a hospital operating room and it is a clean as one too. Crash

The drawing set from Northland sounds great. Does the package have any info on wings, tanks, flight controls, etc.?

I picked one up last night, tons of drawings. wing tanks, flaps, ailerons, landing gear, tail feathers, tons of fuselage frame details, manuals and more stuff I haven't looked at yet. Well worth the $40 bucks. (Univair is charging $30 for one old fuselage drawing)
Brian

Thanks Brian. I'm dipping into my Oshkosh mad money and ordering the whole set. This looks like what us homebuilders have been searching a long time for. :)

Wonder if the set includes drawings for extended gear legs, etc.?

North Land CD

There doesn't appear to be any gear extension drawings but there is a vast ammount of information on the CD. I wish some of the dimensions were clearer as the drawings are magnified but maybe that's just my monitor. All in all though I think it's quite good.

This is the index of the areas covered:

L21A ERECTION MANUAL
PA-18 AILERON
PA-18 BRAKE ASSY.
PA-18 DOOR & WINDOW
PA-18 ELECTRICAL
PA-18 ELEVATOR
PA-18 FIN
PA-18 FIREWALL FORWARD
PA-18 FLAP LEVER
PA-18 FLAPS
PA-18 FLOAT BRACKETS
PA-18 FUEL SYSTEM
PA-18 FUSELAGE 12183
PA-18 FUSELAGE 12446
PA-18 LANDING GEAR
PA-18 MISC.
PA-18 PARTS CATALOG
PA-18 RUDDER
PA-18 RUDDER PEDALS
PA-18 SEATS
PA-18 SKI INSTALL
PA-18 STABILIZER
PA-18 STRUTS
PA-18 TORQUE TUBE
PA-18 WING

PA-12 Prints

Hi Tim,

I got mine from the Cub Club. Some are clearer than others but combined with the PA-14 prints from Wag-Aero are suitable for what I need.

For info on the Cub Club contact Steve Krog at: sskrog@aol.com

I've been using my Northland drawing CD for a couple of days now. I think it's a great value and worth having if you own/fly/dream about Super Cubs.

I took Brian's advice and ordered just the CD and am glad I did, since the L21 erection manual and the parts catalog are on the CD.

RJK,

Thanks for the info! I ordered the PA-18 drawings from Northland as well, they are great and will be useful for many purposes. I will get the 12 drawings from Cub club etc. when I start on the EXP project.

This forum is great and it is good to see so many 12's flying again and with a little modification/ experimental It will be a real good performer and still haul all the crap I couldn't get in a Super Cub! (no knock guys) I still like the visibility out of an 18 better for the tight stuff!)

Thanks again,

Tim

Northland blueprints. Got mine the other day and WOW! Great product, great price for all the info that you get, fast service, very pleased. If you even think that you like Super Cubs, you owe it to yourself to own this CD!

Hello All

I am looking for a Northland aircraft PA18 blueprint cd, seems that northland is currently out of business or in a transition period. I am in great need of many of the prints.

Thanks, Neal

Hello Dave

Thanks for the link! I had just found the link to http://www.supercubproject.com./ before I posted. I still would very much like to have a northland aircraft cd because I believe he redid about 200 prints in cad and I really would like the latest and greatest as I plan to draw up a fuse in 3D solid works as a winter project.

I am thinking of starting a project soon, I hope to find a project but I may scratch a fuse, we will see. My first flight in a cub was magical.

Thanks for the info,

Neal

undecided said:
I am looking for a Northland aircraft PA18 blueprint cd, seems that northland is currently out of business or in a transition period.

Is Northland really not accepting orders for the drawings?
Their online store still appears to be functioning though the initial phases of the order and checkout purchase process. Did you follow the links to the Online Store and PA-18 Library?
As great a resource, as, Christian's (Bugs66) online drawings are, it sure helps to have copies of your own drawings, on your own computer.

Russ

Yeah I built a rudder and then it got out of hand. About 1/3 of a plane collected or built so far. Have yet to ride in any tail dragger except a DC3. :lol: Take the Stewarts system class. You'll be struttin around believing you can actually cover and paint one :D . I keep revising "up" my budget. It started a 10k , is past 21k so far and ^^^ dave

undecided said:
Hello Dave

Thanks for the link! I had just found the link to http://www.supercubproject.com./ before I posted. I still would very much like to have a northland aircraft cd because I believe he redid about 200 prints in cad and I really would like the latest and greatest as I plan to draw up a fuse in 3D solid works as a winter project.

I am thinking of starting a project soon, I hope to find a project but I may scratch a fuse, we will see. My first flight in a cub was magical.

Thanks for the info,

Neal

I would just like to thank Christian Sturm member here (buggs66???) of www.supercubproject.com fame for his work putting the PA-18 blueprints online....

I've spent the last 3 days working up info for field approvals on my project(which incorporates many -18 items), and it was so nice and quick to look up part numbers using those!! it's WAY faster than I could have unrolled and rerolled the paper prints I have here, just to find out it was the wrong drawing!

now since he has all the ground work done with his site I wounder if he would be interested in adding a -12 -14 section?? what/how would I have to do to scan in the PA-12 and PA-14 prints I have access to(the -12 one is nice since Crash took the time to clean it up)

thanks again,
I donated to his server fund before, and will go do it again since its such a great resource now with the preview and all!

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch and am glad it is helping folks as that is my main endeavor. The more Cubs that are restored or built up, the better! If someone can supply drawings for the 12 I can set it up the same.

Thanks a bunch and am glad it is helping folks as that is my main endeavor. The more Cubs that are restored or built up, the better! If someone can supply drawings for the 12 I can set it up the same.

i have some -12/14 I can send for a bit, they are not mine so I would need them back....

I use Northland and Christian's website. I absolutely love that Christian's prints are "word" searchable. If I'm at the airport and in a pinch without my computer and Northland, I can still use the iphone and pull up a print to grab a dimension. The iPhone is slow to rasterize some of those really big prints, but can help search for a dimension if I need one. Super handy. Thanks Christian!

I encourage all to donate paypal to help hosting this service! It's been a while, but I've done so in the past!

-12 drawings would be great. I really could have used them on mine...Well, still under restoration so what I'm saying is that I can still use them. The -12 parts manual is junk so any little bit would help.

Hello I am looking for a NorthLand Aircraft PA 18 CD Rom, are they still in buisness?

If not could I possibly get a copy from some one who has one?

Thanks, Neal

Back