• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cubcrafters Seats

aceherks

Middleville, NY
Has anyone received a field approval to install cubcrafters deluxe seats cushions?:-?

No I would just order them and install them.
The big thing for approval would be the need for fire proof according to the FAA.
They are probably getting their seat cushions made from Airtex or somebody else anyway.

You might also want to look at Oregon Aero seats http://www.oregonaero.com. I've had both and think the oregon aero seats are more comfortable. Also you could use their portable cushions in place of the regular cub seat getting rid of some weight and making the rear seat easily removeable. They will make the portable cushions with velcro rather than straps. This approach also allows you to add underseat storage if you are interested but that needs a 337. Be sure to talk to your mechanic before you go this way with the back seat. There are 2 or 3 photos of this approach with oregon aero seats that I've previous posted at http://home.earthlink.net/~djfraudman/PhotoSuite/cub_project/ if you are interested.

I bought CC seats and while they are more comfortable than the stock seats I think they are crap! I had to rebuild the seat back (on the front seat) cause the frame pushed up to the "naugahide"(SP?) as they didn't put blocks into the seat-back to stop it from falling down (towards the floor).

The point is that they were not worth the money at all!!!!

I am not surprised that you found CC seats to be less than a value! My suggestion,especially for the foam is Oregon Aero! They are all great to work with and they aren't happy till you are!

I have an Oregon-aero catalog and I will say it is quite impressive. I have only their stuff for the head sets. Sometime I'd like to try their seat cushions.pak

i have cc seats and dont like them.the frame slips by the top seat rest as stated before.also the front seat is too wide,so the rear passenger cant get his knees up where theyre supposed to be.i am just about done with my new pa 18 project and will order wipaires new cub seat.my bud dan at nezinscot river seaplane has installed them all and we both think the new wipaires are the nicest,and about the same price.

Fine Line upholstry in Anchorage makes a better seat than both CC or Oregon Areo for $350.oo for the front cushion set. They are bolstered with lumbar support and even have a little notch out of the left side bolster for the flap handle when its all the way up.

Seats

I'm going to be needing seat cushions in the near future. Can you supply us with adderss and phone number of Fine line upholstery. It sounds like you get two seats for the price of one with Fine line. Any way thanks for your help Crash.

Fine Line

Valdez, Fine Line's phone number is (907) 349-4442. Ask for Doug Dixon. The seats are some of the best looking also. The fabric as a high end automotive velour that wears like iron. The sides and top outside parts are black, the center of the top and back are colored. The center parts are made up of two 3" panels that can be gray, red, blue, green, brown or black. A 3/8" piping runs around all outside seams and is colored also. There is a pocket in the back cushion for junk and a clear vienyl case for you registration sewen in. The back cusion just slides down over the frame and the bottom is held in place with 4 snaps. He has them all made up and ready to go. Crash highly reccommends this product.

Seats

The photo dosn't show very well but it looks like them. The new color scheme is black sides and the outer 1/3 of the back and bottom with colored center and piping to match. They look sharp and still feel good after 7 hours in the saddle. Crash

I'm going to ask a stupid question here, so please be forgiving - Can 4/5-point aerobatic harnesses be obtained for cub seats?

Most after market harnesses are 4 point. You could put a crotch strap on the front seat frame to make it 5 point. Having done a lot of aerobatics in a 5 point harness, all I can say is "ouch."

Hooker makes the best full acro harnesses, wide, lots of padding, and ratchet type "come-along" straps to tighten you in. But you only need these if you spend losts of time hanging from them with lots of -g's. The normal Y-type 4 point is all the average Cub needs.

The Fineline seats are really comfortable. Not nearly as bulky as Oregon Aero's. They put alot of thought and detail into the seats, they do a wonderful job of color cordinating the fabric. I question the $350.00 for the front cushion set. This must not include the covers. Sounds like yester years prices. The last full set I saw for a PA-12 with PA-18 front seat was over $1000.00 that price did include the rear sling. For anyone looking for more of a reference they can get ahold of the Alaska department of fish and wildlife. They are used exclusively in their cubs.

I have a set of seatcushions from Stoddards in ANC and they even made the seat cushion about half the height of the regular cushion which keeps my noggin out of the crossbar.... I have had them for about a year and am still happy with them.
Scott

Fine Line Seats

The Fine Line seat cushions are complete, ready to install at $350.00 for the PA-18 pilot seat, back and bottom. The rear is a little less. Just bought two sets for the front seats (two) of my PA-14 and had the rear set custom made to match, total bill was $950.00. Crash

I'm going to have Oregon Aero put their foam in my seat covers. They said it takes about a week.

Anne.

I bought a 4pc. set for front and back seats of my 18 about a month ago from Fineline in Anchorage. I'm not familiar with the Oregon Aero seats, but Anchorage is a 700 mile ride from home and the Fineline seats couldn't be any better, in my opinion. Cost for the 4pc. set was $575.

Back